He made a third party tip to the Ministry

August 23 [Fri], 2013, 11:07
A coroner has recommended that government entities review its safety messages around gas appliances in caravans, After a man died of deadly carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty refrigerator.

Ian Phillip Joyce, 81, Expired on December 30 or 31, 2010, In the caravan he and his wife spent most summer the short breaks in at Lake Alexandrina camping ground in Canterbury.

A neighbour decided to ascertain if anyone was inside and unzipped the awning. Inside was dark and the curtains were closed. Mr Joyce was lying on to the floor between two single beds, Curled up in a foetal set with a blanket over him. He was while it seems dead. His wife was located on the bed gasping for breath.

Christchurch coroner Richard McElrea found Mr Joyce died as a result of accidental deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.

The key reason for Mr Joyce's death was a faulty refrigerator which, When suggestions, Gave off abnormally high levels of deadly carbon monoxide.

It was determined that this was likely due to a lack of maintenance rather than design fault.

A portable LPG heater and a gas cooker may also have contributed to the levels of deadly carbon monoxide in the confined space, Coroner McElrea stated.

He made a third party tip to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment's Energy Safety team that it blogs about the safety messages on its website, With particular reference to the regular repair off gas appliances in confined spaces like caravans.

He said there were clear safety messages arising from Mr Joyce's death relating to the necessity for proper ventilation, Value of regular maintenance of equipment such as refrigerators and cookers, And the desirability of installing deadly carbon monoxide sensors.
P R
カテゴリアーカイブ
月別アーカイブ
http://yaplog.jp/volpert/index1_0.rdf