World War IIThe 10th Tactical Reconnaissance Group's origins begin as the 73rd Observation Group, being Constituted on 21 August 1941. The 73d was activated on 1 September 1941 and assigned to First Air Force. Engaged in training activities, participating in the Tennessee Maneuvers at Camp Campbell, Kentucky in 1943. Underwent several redesignations as Reconnaissance group, then Tactical Reconnaissance Group. Equipped variously with A20 Havocs; P40 Warhawks; P51 Mustangs as well as L1 and L4 light observation aircraft. After the end of the maneuvers, conducted movement to Key Field, Mississippi in preparation for overseas movement.Reassigned to Third Air Force in December 1943 and redesignated Josh Freeman Authentic Jersey as 10th Photographic Group (Reconnaissance) in December 1943.The group deployed overseas to the European theater, JanuaryFebruary 1944, for duty with Ninth Air Force at RAF Chalgrove, England. At Chalgrove, the group consisted of six photographic squadrons flying a variety of reconnaissance aircraft. These were the photographic versions of the P38 Lightning (F5) and P51 Mustang (F6). In addition the unit also flew the Stinson L1 Vigilant and L5 Sentinel along with the Piper L4 Grasshopper light observation aircraft. It photographed airfields, coastal defenses, ports, and made bombdamage assessment photographs of airfields, marshaling yards, bridges, and other targets in preparation for the Normandy invasion. The 10th received a Distinguished Unit Citation for flying at low altitude to photograph the English Channel coast from Blankenberge to Dunkirk and from Le Touquet to SaintVaastlaHougue prior to the DDay invasion during 620 May 1944.In May 1944 the 30th PRS moved to RAF Middle Wallop and it was replaced by the 423rd Night Fighter Squadron with A20 www.footballbuccaneersstore.com/5_josh_freeman_jersey_authentic_black_limited_cheap.html Havocs (F3A) from RAF Charmy Down which was used for night photo reconnaissance.The group supported the Normandy invasion in June by making visual and photographic reconnaissance of bridges, artillery, road and railway junctions, traffic centres, airfields, and other targets. A deployment reappraisal in June 1944 led to the decision to assign a tactical recon squadron to support the needs of the ground forces on the continent. To this end, the group's 15th Tactical Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron (15th TPRS) was transferred in from RAF Middle Wallop on 27 June flying F6/P51B Mustangs. The mission of the 15th TPRS was to fly low level missions whereas the F5 Lightnings would fly at higher altitudes.After the invasion the 15th TPRS moved into France first, to the Advanced Landing Ground at Rennes StJacques, France (ALG A27) on 10 August. The other squadrons of the 10th moved over the next few weeks, the last being the 155th which moved to France in midAugust.On the continent, the 10th RG aided the US Third Josh Freeman Black Jersey Army and other Allied organizations in the battle to breach the Siegfried Line, SeptemberDecember 1944. The group participated in the Battle of the Bulge, December 1944 January 1945, by flying reconnaissance missions in the combat zone. From February 1945 to VE Day, the 10th RG assisted the advance of Third Army across the Rhine, to Czechoslovakia and into Austria, Josh Freeman Elite Jersey eventually being stationed at Frth, Germany (ALG R30) when hostilities ended.Cold WarThe 10th remained in Germany after the war as part of the army of occupation, being assigned to United States Air Forces in Europe. It was transferred without personnel or equipment back to the United States in June 1947, becoming part of Tactical Air Command at Langley AFB, Virginia.The unit was remanned and assigned to Lawson Field in Georgia where it was assigned F6 (P51) Mustangs in September to its 1st and 15th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadrons. It was redesignated as the l0th Tactical Reconnaissance Group in June 1947 and reassigned to Pope Field, North Carolina in September.The Air Force started a "wingbase" service test in 1947. Under this program the 10th Reconnaissance Wing was organized 3 December 1947, at Pope Field. The new wing was assigned the 10th Reconnaissance Group as its operational flying component. On 25 August 1948, the 10th Reconnaissance Wing was redesignated the 10th Tactical Reconnaissance Wing (10 TRW), with its component groups also being redesignated.The 10th conducted training at Pope, primarily with army units at Fort Bragg until 1 April 1949 when, due to budget restrictions, the unit was inactivated.On 10 July 1952 as a result of the United States Cold War military buildup in Europe, the 10 TRG was reactivated and assigned to NATO at ToulRosieres Air Base, France, absorbing the mission and equipment of the deactivating federalized Air National Guard 117th TRW.However, the base was not yet ready for jet aircraft, so only the 10th TRW Wing Headquarters was sent to Toul. The 10th TRG's propellerdriven RB26 Invaders of the former 112th TRS were absorbed by the 1st TRS at Toul (which was deemed acceptable for propellerdriven aircraft), while the two jet RF80A squadrons assigned to the 32d and 38th TRS were located at Neubiberg and Frstenfeldbruck Air Bases near Munich, West Germany. Group Headquarters was initially assigned to Furstenfeldbruck, then later moved to Toul in November.Ongoing construction delays in France forced the 10th TRW's transfer on 9 May 1953 to the newlycompleted Spangdahlem AB in West Germany where all the squadrons of the Wing and its component groups were finally united.The Republic RF84F Thunderflash began to arrive in the fall of 1955, and the RF80As were returned to the United States for Air National Guard use. Martin RB57A Canberras replaced the World War II vintage RB26s in 1954 to perform night Reconnaissance missions. In 1956, the 10th TRG began to transition to the RB66 and WB66 Destroyers, and the RF84Fs were transferred to the 66th TRG at PhalsbourgBourscheid Air Base, France.On 8 December 1957 the 10th Tactical Reconnaissance Group was inactivated with its component squadrons, personnel and equipment being assigned directly to the wing.