Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC Review
The Lenovo ThinkPad X61 is an ultraportable business laptop geared to individuals who demand the best. Like his elder brothers of the ThinkPad line that shares the same robust features and convenience of a full-size keyboard. The X61 Lenovo Thinkpad R400 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad R500 battery looks as if Lenovo ThinkPad T60 and increased by 30 percent. Although much smaller than its counterparts, it is also rapid. This model has a 7200 rpm hard drive, out of 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 GB of RAM. Business of light can be sure that they are not victims, but a little weight when they bring the X61 on the road.
The 12.1-inch ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC, you can exercise the power of the pen, or finger, or just the keyboard old days. It is true that with the X61 multi-touch screen allows the use of high-precision stylus force (which technology Wacom table) or you can touch the screen as an input method or can be converted to a laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X21 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X22 battery and input type. The X61 Tablet with an Intel Core 2 Duo low voltage operation can, up to 4 GB of RAM and a fast hard disk of 7200 for use, but small is not necessarily short on power.
- CPU Intel Core 2 Duo L7500 1.6GHz
- OS Windows Vista Ultimate
- RAM 2GB DDR2
- Display 12.1" MultiView/MultiTouch XGA (1024x768) TFT
- Graphics Intel GMA X3100 graphics, Intel 965 Express Chipset
- Lenovo Thinkpad A22 battery
- Audio Integrated speakers
- Hard Drive 100GB (7200 rpm)
- Optical Drive None
- I/O ports 3 x USB
- 1 x VGA - 15 pin
- 1 x Microphone-in
- 1x Headphone
- 1 x PC Card
- 1 x SD Card
- Communications Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g II
- WLAN and WWAN
- Bluetooth-Lenovo Thinkpad X23 battery
- Dimensions/Weight 10.8" x 9.6" x 1.1-1.3"
- Battery/power 8-cell Lithium Ion
The ThinkPad X61 has the more technical features of its predecessor, the X60. All X series models are matte black, which is pretty nice. X61 screen is nice. I know that many users have said that Lenovo screens are washed, but have not found that to be the case with the X61. It fades a bit when the screen is white, but colors are fine. Speakers at the X61 is honestly not very good, but much better than I expected. The keyboard is very good. It has very little flexibility. The Lenovo Thinkpad X24 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X30 battery keyboard feels solid and is stiff.Along front there is only one switch to enable / disable wireless communications permit. The right side has a four-pin FireWire port, two USB 2.0 ports, headphone and microphone jacks, a modem port and output. The left side has a pin another USB port, a VGA-15, Ethernet port, PC card slot, a rallying point for the stylus, SD card slot and silo for the pen. My computer came with the Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN Integrated Bluetooth PAN options. The screen is not black and sets a good contrast. vertical viewing angles are not very good - quickly reverses the colors in the slightest change in angle to be perpendicular to the screen. X61 fan seems to run almost constantly, but I would not say that the fortress at all costs, and rotating at a very low speed.
I would like the 4-cell lenovo thinkpad x61 tablet battery for the system is usually easier, but how, I have the greatest 8-cell Lenovo Thinkpad X40 battery. I have about 5 hours on battery, but it's just so damn hard and makes the X61 to be taken seriously and maintain. Especially over long periods of time. Ultimately, I recommend that both small 4-cell battery, if you know you are interrupted for a short time and can be easily calculated. If you know you are cross or the battery needs more than 4 hours, then the 8-cell is the weapon of choice.
I am very happy with my battery. It's funny because my phone has terrible battery must be recharged every night. The battery in my computer, by comparison, seems almost the same, which is surprising for a team. The computer is actually more hours on the phone will be hours of conversation. In the default configuration, the Lenovo Thinkpad X41 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X41 tablet pc battery indicator shows 4:16 hours remaining with a load of 96%. The framework for maximum battery life, the screen dark, but inside is still readable (but not very comfortable) and the left shows 05.11 hours. If the wireless off, it shows 5:22 hours left and I have the 8-cell battery.
NOTE: This is the expected life of the lenovo battery from the Power Manager ThinkVantage delivered. I have only run the battery down a few times. Overall I am very satisfied with the autonomy of the X61 is satisfied.
Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC Review
The ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC is the second generation X Series Tablet PC laptop machine / convertible Lenovo. The X60 Tablet PC is a Core Duo machine, performance, and offers significant improvements over its predecessors X41 Tablet PC. The X60 Tablet (Lenovo Thinkpad X60 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X60S battery hereafter) is based on the X60 12.1 "ultraportable released earlier this year. While many expected arrival of the embodiment of the X60 Tablet PC, we are pleased that the best comes to those. wait
Great performance for a 12.1-inch ultraportable / tablet convertible
Very good battery life up to 5 hours with an 8-cell
Stylus Pen with a great sense of entry and two gum feeling is natural keyboard input too large
Very solid, not flexible-Lenovo Thinkpad X61 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X61S battery
Excellent range of wireless communication, the optional EVDO is great
Excellent software and hardware security features
Innovative featurs such as Active Rotate to differ, and NavDial MultiTouch X60t
Many ports for an ultraportable
Some might be looking a little stale if you do not think all black looks
mono speaker is metallic and hard, Lenovo Thinkpad X100E battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X120E battery listening at the bottom
ThinkLight not carrying ThinkPads other (if you have never used a ThinkPad you will not miss)
No integrated optical drive (but no room for them, it would add extra thickness and weight)
If you have an EVDO antenna built in it you get an ugly hump on the top of the screen where the antenna
Low prices start at $ 1700, ThinkPad are respected and maintained their prices, the investment may be considered if the test of time
The specifications of the X60 Tablet PC Reviewed:
- Processor: Intel Core Duo L2400 1.66 GHz (1.2) (up to 1.83 GHz Core Duo L2500, Core Solo options also)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Hard Disk: 2.5 "100 GB Hitachi 7200 RPM SATA (as seen in NewEgg.com)
- RAM: 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM configuration (667 MHz), 4 GB of RAM
- Screen size: 12.1 "
- Resolution: XGA 1024 x 768 with a stylus and touch screen function
- Resolution: SXGA 1400 x 1050
- Graphics: Intel GMA 950
- Slots: Lenovo Thinkpad X200 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X200S battery
- Type II PCMCIA adapter, ExpressCard 34 (left side)
- Slot for SD memory card (left)
- An expansion slot slot / docking station (below)
- 3 USB 2.0 (one on the left, 2 right)
- Firewire (right)
- Monitor output (left side)
- Ethernet LAN port (left side)
- Modem port (right)
- Microphone (right)
- Headphones line (right)
- power connector (right)
- Battery: 4 cell battery (3.3 hours of battery life, cited)
- Battery: 8 cells long (quoted 7.5 hours of battery life)
- Dimensions: 10.8 "x 9.5" x 0.83 - [1.1 "- 1.30"] (width x [varies from front to back] deep x thick)
- Weight: 3.77 kg with 4 cell battery, 4.23 pounds with an 8-cell lenovo battery
- Integrated Communications: 802.11 a / b / g / n WLAN, modem, Gigabit Ethernet, Verizon EVDO WWWAN (optional), Bluetooth (optional), IrDA
The X60 Tablet has undergone some changes in the exterior design of the latest ThinkPad X41 Tablet (X41t).
The main differences between the outside and X41t X60t are:
- The X60t is slightly thicker than the past X41t - Lenovo Thinkpad X201 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X201S battery the X60t is 1.30 "at its thickest point while the X41t was a thin 1.26." The greatest resistance comes from having a larger unit and faster 2.5-inch drives on the X60t, so I think everyone will agree, is worth the commitment.
- Currently there are 3 USB 2.0 ports instead of two in the X41t.
- The X60t now has a FireWire port, the X41t did not
- Added to the front of the X60t is a switch on / off wireless
- The X60t weighs 3.77 pounds with a 4-cell battery and 4.23 pounds with the 8 cell. The X41t weighed 3.5 pounds / 4.0 pounds, respectively, no weight gain here
- The X60t has NavDial is a key to the multi-direction, while in tablet mode is improved page up / down on the X41t
- XGA or SXGA display is offered with the X60t, you can also have a pen / finger touch screen with XGA resolution. Lenovo Thinkpad X200T battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X200 Tablet battery A new feature called ActiveRotate also improves the screen functionality on the X41t X60t.
- button color and shapes have changed in the keyboard area, for example, now there are bands of red buttons and smooth power button is silver not black.
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC - November 14, 2006 - Lenovo today announced the ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC is a new generation convertible tablet technology trifecta for innovation, portability and performance - in turn with two new screen choices and other innovative features Lenovo, as Active. Lenovo is the manufacturer of PCs for category screen 12-inch laptops offer the new, next MultiView / MultiTouch screen features in a convertible Tablet PC, giving users the computing power to work, of course, the field or in the office.
Of course, the X60 Tablet PC Lenovo Thinkpad X201 Tablet battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X220 battery, the ability to touch-screen LCD in both laptop mode and tablet mode complete. Wacom Power Touch This feature is a place where most if not all competitors enter. The X60 is the almost perfect handwriting recognition based on pen control very well, and if the included stylus is lost, the X60 can be used with a finger or a PDA stylus.
The buttons on the Tablet PC
When in tablet mode, which are obviously not have access to the keyboard and there are certain characteristics that are difficult to perform, so Lenovo has a couple of shortcut buttons located on the side to help. Here is a list of what you get:
- Move your finger on the biometric security features
- Navigation Dial to scroll up and down and sideways. The best is when you turn the navigation screen scroll wheel is smart enough to know that the "new up" is so pressing, it is always you.
- Shortcut button for Esc Lenovo Thinkpad X220I battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X220S battery key
- Shortcut button to open Tablet shortcut menu of things like adjust the screen brightness, volume and connection manager.
- Button to manually rotate the screen to the right
- shortcut button, which is the same as holding "Ctrl Alt Del to open Task Manager, you can close applications (purchase or use of processor) strength. Type a sad statement that there had been real. But Is Windows and programs crash.
- Power button to lock or unlock to prevent a blow-and-off.
According to the website of the IBM X60 to 7.5 hours of battery life. With the optional 8-cell lithium ion. The standard 4-cell Lenovo Thinkpad A20 battery that constantly receives half the battery life - just under 4 hours. Naturally, the evaluations of the battery manufacturer is often higher than the real world. If you are a road warrior, the handle is missing in their reports throughout the duration of cross-country flight requirements, then the 8-cell lenovo thinkpad x60 tablet battery is your best bet. 8-cell battery weighs a pound.
The battery of a notebook is for me the most important factor of all. With the two X60 tablets review, we have both and 4-8 cell battery available. The battery sticks out of 8 cells in the back of the computer for about an inch and adds an additional 0.5 pounds. But the rate of 8 cells that better quality of life.
In my application, I could get about 5 hours of battery life with 8 cell Lenovo Thinkpad X300 battery , Lenovo Thinkpad X301 battery. intermittently with screen brightness at level 3, wi-fi and the X60t. Note that this is requested 7.5 hours of autonomy. If the screen is dark, turn off all radios and had a slower Core Solo processor (but easy on the battery) 4200rpm hard drive, you could probably get 7 hours of battery time of the X60t. Do not expect this time 7.5 times cited in a real use, however. That said, I was very excited to get so close to 5 hours of battery life I do. 4-cell battery at temperatures between 2.5 to 3 hours in my use of Wi-Fi when you shut down and an average brightness of the screen.
The dilemma, you have to do is select the batteries, 8 cell, which keeps you informed about 4 pounds which is much more difficult to use in Tablet PC mode for long periods of time when you are standing - it hurts arm. 4-cell Lenovo Thinkpad A21 battery makes the X60t much more portable and easy to hold in tablet mode.